Heat Gun for Genesis Paints
Using the Drying Gun
(for drying Genesis paint)
Use Caution. For best results, ensure your art is
in a safe place to dry. For example, do not point the drying gun close
to a carpet or fabric that may melt. Always be aware of where the hot
nozzle is pointing and resting.
- The nozzle of the drying gun exceeds 400 degrees F (200 degrees
C). Do not use it as a hair dryer. The nozzle of the drying gun may
get hot. Do not touch the nozzle as it may burn you.
- The gun has a 3-position switch: HOT (=)
OFF (o) COOL
Always run the gun on COOL before setting it down, adding/removing
the heat nozzle, or turning it off.
- This Drying Gun is not a toy! Keep it away from children
and use caution. The heat generated is capable of causing serious
injury. Do not use near or immerse in water.
- Hold the drying gun a few inches away from the surface you are drying.
Work from one corner to the opposite to ensure complete coverage.
Move the gun slowly to allow heat to penetrate thoroughly. Do not
let the gun nozzle get too close to the surface or it may cause scorching
or burning. Genesis Artist Colors (paints) must reach 265 degrees
F (130 degrees C) to be completely dry.
- If the paint is not drying properly, check to be certain you are
giving each area enough time and temperature.
- Sometimes it may be necessary to apply more heat. Use these methods:
- Add the heat nozzle to concentrate the air flow.
- Close the air intake baffle slightly by turning it-- never block
the air intake completely or more than it allows.
- Hold the gun closer to the material.
- Move the drying gun slower or hold it in one place for a longer
- Whenever you are finished with the drying gun, do the following:
The cool down time is to extend the life of the gun and may be used
to cool the paint as well. Do not use the gun without running it on
COOL after HOT, as damage may occur.
- Switch the gun to COOL setting and allow it to run until it
is cool to the touch.
- The gun may then be switched to OFF.
Click here for a printable version of these instructions!